My kitty has been diabetic for a few years, but...

Discussion in 'Welcome to the Group - Post an Introduction Here' started by Ilovemytortoiseshell, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilovemytortoiseshell

Ilovemytortoiseshell New Member

Hi!

I have an adorable tortoiseshell cat who we affectionately call 'Little Cat' (though her original name--long unused--is Bagheera) who has been diagnosed with diabetes for about 3 years now.She's the sweetest cat--she never scratches or bites, and she is always very happy to see her people (me, my parents, and my siblings)

Thankfully, her treatment has been fairly easy, as diet change has so far seemed to be all that is necessary to keep it under control. She has occasionally gotten into food that is not her diabetic food and gotten seriously sick, but if she sticks to her diet, she seems to be okay.

She also has some neurological differences, so she has many kitten-like habits despite being in her mid-teens. It doesn't affect her physical health, so it's never a problem, merely an endearing detail.

I've mainly come onto the forum because I often have questions about her care that I feel like might be silly or too small to schedule an entire vet visit for and would like a place to find answers.

Thanks in advance for you help!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I love torties too. You've come to the right place for all things feline. Here, no question is too small or silly, so ask away. Come to the main health forum and ask any questions you have. Tell us more about your kitty and let us know what you'd like us to call you. Would love to see a pic of Little Cat

3. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.