My kitty is peeing blood

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by karlie, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karlie

karlie New Member

when we originally adopted him we were told her had some crystals. This was 3 years ago.

Most recently, I’ve caught him straining to pee and it is pinkish, mixed with blood. He goes in the bathtub, on the floor, n my bed. He is sick.. the vet says there is nothing wrong with him; but he’s peeing blood, something is wrong.. they didn’t even do a test or a culture.. I have him on science diet urinary one can a day.. he is also on clavaseptin.. I gave him these antibiotics 3 weeks ago when this happened and it cleared but now it’s back.. any advice

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Did your vet look at the urine under a microscope? That should have been done.
    My Patches used to have episodes of pink urine. At first I thought it was bad. After several vet visits during the episodest the diagnosis was idiopathic sterile cystitis, that is inflammation of the bladder not caused by bacteria and no cause really found. It seemed to be related to stress like one of my other cats attacking Patches. Treatment was subQ fluids and pain meds.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.