My sassy tortie, Roxy, was diagnosed today

Discussion in 'Welcome to the Group - Post an Introduction Here' started by MarciaCB, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarciaCB

MarciaCB New Member

Hello everyone! I am Marcia and I live in Binghamton, NY - the epicenter of this week's snowpocalypse storm, Stella (34" in less than two days). My little Roxy was diagnosed with diabetes today. She's 13 and other than suffering from chronic ear infections, has been healthy since she was born in my closet. Her blood sugar was on the lower side of the high scale (210), but she was dumping lots of sugar in her urine so the doc was a little puzzled. We're trying prescription wet food for now and checking her blood sugar again in a week to see if she needs insulin. I'm glad a member of the "I love my Tortie Cat" Facebook group sent me here.

Attached Files:

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. The prescription food is actually not as low in carb as many store brand foods. And avoid the prescription dry all together. Waaaaay too high in carbs. Most of us feed fancy feast classic or Friskies pate foods. They are all under 10 % carb.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! If you have any questions, please post on the main health forum where more people will see them. Your little girl is a cutie! :)

4. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

5. PurrKat

PurrKat New Member

:bighug: Welcome. A lot of help here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.