My sweet Alphie

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alphaganza, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphaganza

Alphaganza New Member

IMG_6242.JPG IMG_6156.JPG IMG_6242.JPG Hi everyone! My name is Candice and my babies name is Alphie.
    Alphie is 6 years old and was diagnosed with diabetes January 26th of this year (2017).
    We found out he had diabetes when I took him to the emergency vet because he was acting strange and I knew something was wrong. Turns out he had ketoacidosis. He fought hard for 5 days straight and came out alive. One vet even said I should think about having him put down, but I wasn't giving up on him yet. He's my baby and I love him more than anything in this world.
    Right now, Alphie is 10 lbs and slowly gaining his weight back. He's on 4 units of vetsulin twice a day and he's eating a half a can of 9 lives cat food and a third cup of dry 9 lives both for breakfast and dinner. His doctor said we'all probably end up changing his food soon since he's not crazy about him eating dry food.
    Thank you for listening to his story! But everyone please bare with me. I'm totally new to having a diabetic cat, so I'm doing my absolute best right now.
    Hope everyone is doing well!

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Alphie is is a pretty boy. :cat: Be sure to post any questions you have on the Main Health Forum so you can get help. This is a very supportive place where people understand what you are dealing with. :)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Alphie and Candice!

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your handsome boy! I've already read your other thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.