GA My Sweet Tennessee is flying free

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Andrea&Tennessee (GA), Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea&Tennessee (GA)

Andrea&Tennessee (GA) Well-Known Member

Today I made the heartbreaking decision to set my beautiful Tennessee free from his failing body.

Although his breathing seemed to be improving with the new medication, unfortunately it was getting more and more difficult to get him to eat. Despite the appetite stimulant, it was becoming a struggle to get him to eat his full meals.
    This morning he was quite unsteady on his feet, and I asked my mother to come over for her opinion. She agreed with me that it was time. I sat on the floor with him while we were waiting to go to his appointment, he climbed into my lap again, as if to say "OK mommy, I'm ready".
    He had a wonderful night last night, with some time on the porch and helping me cook dinner. I am happy that I can keep those as the memories of his last day.

I plan on posting a tribute to him when I can compose myself better. There are so many people that I want to thank for their advice and support, but that will again come later when I am ready.

A very general thank you to EVERYONE on the FDMB. This is a wonderful place, that gave me hope so many times when I had so little.

Fly free my sweet baby boy, you will always be the love of my life.
    :bighug::bighug::rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon::bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Andrea I'm so sorry. You did a very loving thing in letting him go. Fly free Tennesse. Sending prayes. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Andrea&Tennessee (GA) likes this.
  3. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Oh Andrea I am soo very sorry you and Tenn had to be parted the only comfort I can offer is that he will great you on the other side of the rainbow and the two of you will be back together.

Norse Legend of the Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Andrea, I'm am so sorry. May Tennessee rest in peace. Fly free little onecat_wings>o He will send you a sign from the Rainbow Bridge :rb_icon:for he is so loved. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

6. Thabbo

Thabbo Member

So sorry for your loss! I'm sure he runs free now and is chasing his new buddies :rb_icon::bighug:

7. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

((((Oh, I'm so terribly sorry Andrea!)))) Sending heart healing vines your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Andrea}}}

I am so very sorry to learn that it was Tennie's time to cross. I know how dearly you loved him, and how hard you tried to help him. You gave him the greatest gift today, freedom from suffering, even though I'm sure you wanted to keep him with you. He'll be watching over you from the bridge until you meet again.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, Tennessee, and land softly. :rb_icon:

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Andrea...So sorry to hear it was Tennessee's time to leave you :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free sweet Tennessee and land softly! There are many at the Bridge to welcome you and keep you company until the one you love most comes to be with you forever.
    you always said I was your angel...now it's time to get my wings.jpg

10. Andrea&Tennessee (GA)

Andrea&Tennessee (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you everybody.
    It is amazing how I can feel such love and support from people who have never met us.
    This was the toughest decision that I have ever had to make. But deep down I know that it was the right thing to do.
    I hope to be able to remember him for when he was healthy and active, rather than old and frail.

Sharon14 and Grayson & Lu like this.
  11. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry....he will always be a part of your heart, and he will always be a part of FDMB. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

12. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Just heard about Tennie. So terribly sorry for your loss. Always felt like we had a connection from Maine. Sending Hugs and Prayers to
    you. R.I.P. Sweet little guy.

13. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

I am trying not to cry at work. My heart breaks for you. I am so glad that you had a last day of nice memories.

Fly free Tennie. We will all miss you!

14. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

This is breaking my heart. I am so sorry... (((hugs)))

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Andrea))))
    I am so sorry. There is nothing more difficult than finding the courage to face this decision. Your love for Tennessee shines through.

Fly free little one and land softly. Many who we love are at the Bridge to greet you and keep you safe until you are reunited with the ones you love best.

16. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Andrea)))) I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy Tennie.....no, we don't know eachother, but most everyone on this board has been in your shoes and it is horrible- my heart is breaking for you.. even when we know intellectually it is the right thing to do, it still hurts worse than anything I have ever experienced...I'm glad you got that last cuddle session from Tennie, that love will live in your heart forever.

Fly free sweet Tennie and land softly- you were so loved.
    heartcandle.jpg

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Andrea)))),
    Your sweet boy is flying free on his beautiful new golden wings. Look to the heavens tonight. That bright star is Tennie, approaching the Bridge, where he will have many friends to look out for him until you meet again. He's in "good paws".
    Fly free, Tennie, you are much loved. cat_wings>o

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA) (Chefs Stu and Mannie, and Chief Pastry Chef Tess will be busy in the Two Chefs' Bridge Kitchen preparing a welcome dinner for Tennie tonight.)

18. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Bless you and Tennessee, fly free sweetheart.

19. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Peace to you Andrea. Fly free dear sweet Tennie. I know the bond you formed will forever remain in your hearts. God bless.

20. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to read it is Tennie's time to pass. It is such a hard decision to make but the ultimate gift you have given him:bighug::bighug:
    Tennie will have many friends at the rainbow bridge to meet him:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

21. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, so hard to lose any furbaby, but especially a diabetic kitty that you do so much for and get repaid 1000 times. Hugs to you.
    Liz

22. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Andrea))) Our very deepest condolences. We’re so sorry the lasix and new med did not help but your love for your Tennie is so true and pure that you listened to him and gave him the greatest gift of love. We send our prayers and know your sorrow is great.

Fly Free, Tennessee to the land of steady heartbeats and no acro.

23. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Andrea, I'm so sorry. Tennie knew. Such a loved boy to spend his last time comforting the mama he knew would break her own heart to find him the ultimate healing. Yes, he knew. And yes he was ready. He will always be with you; there will be flashes when you think you see him. Flashes when you think you hear him or feel him. He will be there.

My heart hurts for your sorrow. Light for your comfort and healing.

Tennie, watch over your mama.

burning-candle-hi.png

Marilyn

24. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read this. :bighug::bighug:

25. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry it was time to let Tennessee go. Let your memories of your precious baby and the knowledge that you did everything you could for him be your comfort. He's was so very loved ((((Andrea))))

RIP Tennie :rb_icon:

26. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss :bighug:

27. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{{Andrea}}}} I am so sorry it was Tennie's time to go ahead. My heart has been heavy all day since I read the news.:bighug::bighug: Knowing how much you loved him and he loved you will preserve some wonderful memories. Your love for him continues to shine through. I hope he sends you a little message that he's made it safely to the bridge.

[​IMG]

28. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Tennessee.
    {{hugs}}

29. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Andrea, I am so very sad to read this, my heart breaks for you :bighug:. Cherish your wonderful memories of Tennie when he was happy and well, you gave him the greatest gift of love by setting him free.

Fly free little man and land softly cat_wings>o

With deepest sympathy
    Suki

30. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry for you loss.

31. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss Andrea. 10926422_1028550490493109_891239671513480318_n.jpg :rb_icon:cat_wings>o Fly free and land softly Tennessee..

32. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((Andrea)))) I am so terribly sorry. Your love for Tennie was obvious - he was clearly an extraordinary cat. Sending you a big hug and wishing you peace tonight.

Fly free little one. You are so very loved.
    [​IMG]

33. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I just saw this.
    I'm so sorry ((((((Andrea))))))
    The love you share is never over.
    Fly Free Tennessee........

34. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Andrea, I am so sorry to read this. I know that you made the right decision, as hard as it was for you to do so. It is the greatest gift we can ever give our kitties. He will always be with you, tucked away in the special place in your heart. Fly free little one, land softly at the Bridge. :rb_icon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.