My vet is FINALLY SWITCHING DO LOU TO LANTUS HELP

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Do Lou (GA), Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok I am happy :D but of course scared in a way we are 4 months down the road and have gotten nowhere with him on N but up and down so after todays BG reading finally decides my cat might do better on Lantus well I have been thinking this for 2 months but after working with my vet for almost 16 yrs I have learned to A. I cannot rush him into a change and B. he is a great vet to be trusted

so any advice out there for the switch would be appreciated I have been on the lantus part of the forum lately anyway trying to read but I still feel so very very lost

2. Steve & Jock

Steve & Jock Member

you will see the difference right away. Be prepared to change your way of thinking, though. See the FAQ's for Lantus.

The insulin starts slowly, peaks slowly, and wears off rather quickly but not for quite some time. Start with Lantus right away but immediately start doing curves at home on day 1, 2, and 3, to see what I mean. Once you have done a few curves you will have more of a feeling for how to use this much more appropriate insulin.

Best of luck,
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.