Mystery (civvie) liquid poop

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HappyAmber, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyAmber

HappyAmber Member

Poor Mystery...he has been having lose stools for a while...with GG's dx of diabetes, I switched the food to EVO...figured it would probably help Mystery...however, his stool is now liquid instead of just runny?

Should I keep them on the Evo and see if his system will get used to it, or must I figure out a way to keep their food seperate? They are all (4 cats total) free feeders.

Thanks in advance for assistance

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Did you transition the food over slowly? I know with my crew they would get diarrhea and vomiting if I changed the food all at once.
    Of course there may be an ingredient in the food causing his stomach problems. Do you have any probiotics you can sprinkle in the food? Hope he is better soon.

3. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

diarrhea is a fast train to dehydration. If it lasts more than a day or 2, then I would take her in to the vet just to be safe. Podo also tends to get liquid for a day when I change her diet, but by the next day it starts getting better.

4. HappyAmber

HappyAmber Member

He does have his normal food in the sunroom...and GG's food is in her room, but he's snacking on it...and that's why he's having liquid.
    I will keep an eye on him for dehydration though...and GG and I have an appt at vet on Friday, I may end up taking Mystery along. Can't hurt to get him checked out.

Poor little guy...he's always had issues with his poo being soft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.