Nadir changing?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda

Amanda Member

We have had a confusing couple of weeks! Kazi was doing GREAT- in the blue except a couple of times when she just barely went above 200. She is on around 1 drop of Vetsulin- and I was beginning to not be able to shoot unless she was at least 200 at shot time. So we were having many days of only shoting once a day. Then her numbers started to go a little whacky- I thought probably that we were skipping too many doses and needed to shoot at a number a hair lower than we had been. So I started doing that- but I think a few shots I ended up giving her nothing due to an air bubble or just me not being used to the new syringes.

Fast forward a week- numbers are still higher than normal at my test times. I thought maybe my insulin was pooping out, and had planned to pick some up today. Kazi has always had her insulin peak at about +3 - last night I made sure she got the proper dose and checked her at +3. She had barely dropped at all. This morning her AMPS were 110 -- 120 lower than when I checked her last night 3 hours after her shot. This isn't the first time she's been lower at AMPS than when I checked her 3 hours after her shot the night before. But it IS the first time she's been this much lower!

Can it be that her nadir has changed, or is it more likely that her pancreas is kicking in and doing some work? Something else?

2. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hi Amanda,

Have you seen the FDA warning on Vetsulin?

In a nutshell they can't gurantee onset, peak or duration-making regulation extremely difficult.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=311

Vetsulin is usually dosed BID-Her pancreas could be working to some degree. Hard to say without seeing any bg figures

3. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it has something to do with her not eating much the past few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.