Nala After One Month

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Larry and Kitties, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

A month ago I adopted Nala as an untreated diabetic from a local shelter.She was turned in because she lost weight went from 17 to 12 pounds) , was urinating inappropriately and the previous caretakers could not afford vet care.

Nala is doing very well for the more than the last week I could keep her BGs below 130 all day with about 0.4 units of Levemir. She might even be OTJ since maybe the diabetes was caused by her being obese. She is at 11 pounds now and is still overweight. She still eats some low-cal dry (Epigen 90) since sometimes she will not finish here canned.
    Nala.jpg

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

What a cute picture Larry. She is a darling. I'm glad she's doing well and I'm more than glad she's with you! I bet she is too.

3. JeanW

JeanW Member

She is very cute! And is super fortunate to have found YOU!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like she is doing very well after just 1 month!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  5. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Wow that’s great! Good job & a very lucky & blessed kitty. She is a cutie pie. I’m so glad she is responding to such a low dose. I’ve never tried or know much about Epigen 90 but I will have to check it out.

6. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

7. Emmy

Emmy Member

Happy for Nala. Beautiful photo. Thanks again for replying to my Convenia thread. Just having kind of a melt down worrying. This too shall pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.