? Name of canned food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anna❤️Spooter, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anna❤️Spooter

Anna❤️Spooter Member

Hi everybody I was wondering what the name of the canned food was that we can buy at a Fred Meyer or Walmart even if it's just temporary for two or three meals until I can go to my semi-local animal health food store? I'm just learning how to use threads and comments and all of that. My kitty Pooter was diagnosed day before yesterday n yesterday I learned how to give him a shot from his new veterinarian who has a lot of knowledge with diabetes.this morning is when I'm going to give him a shot all by myself, I'm pretty terrified of needles but I'm going to get over my fear for my beloved pooter. He is supposed to take Lantus 2 units twice daily. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and helping everyone so much.

2. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

Walmart brand of cat food is called Special Kitty;)

3. Anna❤️Spooter

Anna❤️Spooter Member

I just got back lol! I bought FF savory salmon feast classic. 3 oz cans. Is that ok?

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Yes, Fancy Feast Classics & Friskies Pates are both fine.

5. Anna❤️Spooter

Anna❤️Spooter Member

Oh I'm so thankful for all of you! I'm so brand new to this. I just gave him his first shot alone and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was imagining! Being with the vet was one thing but doing it alone is another (or so I thought)

JanetNJ likes this.
  6. Anna❤️Spooter

Anna❤️Spooter Member

Ty so much! Do I reply to everyone individually or do I just keep replying to the last person who responded. I don't want to make this annoying to people?

7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

You can reply anyway you want! We don't get annoyed easily around here! When you want to respond to a particular post, click 'reply' at the bottom of that post to quote it. If you just want to reply in general, just click on the box at the bottom of the screen next to your avatar where it says 'write your reply'

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Most of us feed fancy feast classic or Friskies pate. :). Congratulations on your first of many shots. Next trip to Walmart pick up a glucose meter.

Sharon14 likes this.
  9. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Here's the food chart a lot of us use: http://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf
    Don't pick up the Friskies Indoor formulas though ;), even their pate is higher carb.

If you could setup your Signature, would be super helpful too :). And when you start home testing, the spreadsheet template those of us who home test use, just need Google account: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

Lastly, better to be prepared: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-to-treat-hypos-they-can-kill-print-this-out.15887/

I usually try to bombard new members with this on their introduction threads but I don't recall seeing you there so I did it here :p

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  10. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Ive use friskies pates and ff classics also. evo wet food is good too. ive recently started to use pro plan true nature and prime plus,all should be safe. read the provided food charts,they are very helpful,make a list and go to store and try safe brands. home test too,i sure didnt want to home test but its worth it very much,its a pain at first but you and your cat will get used to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.