Natura/Innova/Evo etc Dry Food recall expanded!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Merlyn (GA), Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recall/Product Information Guide 2013-03-29.pdf

I know most of us do not feed our diabetic kitties dry but some might feed civies or know people feeding it. No canned food is included in the voluntary recall.

The expiration dates covered has been expanded to March 24 2014, and many many foods added that were all made on the same line. More salmonella has been found but no pets (as yet) have been sickened directly attributable to the salmonella.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100603482

2. Jon+Pia

Jon+Pia Member

Rats!

Just opened a bag of Evo this past week, purchased on March 20, 2013. I store the Evo in Tupperware bins so the bag went in this week's trash (or Wednesday).

The toll free phone number is open today, Saturday March 30, until 2:00PM Central Time, 1-800-224-6123.

They will be closed tommorow for Easter.

They will reopen the toll free line at normal 800AM until 5:30PM Monday-Friday.

3. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Jon, can you get some other food for Momma for right now and play it safe?

4. Jon+Pia

Jon+Pia Member

I called the local retailer who said the stock they have (or sold to me) was not part of the recall.

I'm headed up to the store and check the lot number(s) on the stock in the store, just to be certain.

So far, Momma Kitty has not had any problems, but want to be sure there are no problems with the Evo here at home.

I called the toll free line for more information and they were VERY helpful, wanting to refund or provide a debit card qith the very slim possibilty of having the "bad" stuff.

FWIW, Innova, Evo, Natura is concerned enough to have their toll-free line open today, as their normal hours are Monday thru Friday only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.