Natural Balance Grain Free Dry food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kays8cats, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Hi Friends,

Just writing about some new food I bought for my cats. Natural Balance grain free dry. Since I have 8 cats, one diabetic ( he does not eat the dry) I wanted to try and switch them from friskies dry to a better food and this Natural Balance looked good.

Problem in NONE, I mean NONE of the cats will eat it!!! I called the company to make sure that the food was not recalled or anything and it was not .

So after 3-4 days of offering it I finally donated it to my vets office that does cat rescue and has a whole big room with kitties up for adoption ( I try to avoid going into that room lol ).

Anyone have this problem with this food??

I am guessing all the crap they add to friskies makes it taste better, just like they spray fat onto Hills food etc.

Just curious..

Thanks

2. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

What flavor did you get? Some of the Natural Balance dry foods contain peas. A lot of peas. 34% of the calories from carbs.

3. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Your cats are just being cats :lol:

Try Wellness CORE, Innova EVO, or Naure's Variety Instinct instead. They're grain-free and won't cause too much of a bg spike if your diabetic does sneak a piece or two.

4. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

And if you try Evo 95% or Wellness, try sneaking it gradually into the diet. My kitty barfed after eating the Wellness; we decided he wasn't used to the higher fat content, and it felt too rich. He also turned away from Evo 95% at first, but I started mixing it in small amounts with his other food, gradually increasing the amount, and now he likes it!

5. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Thanks,

Will try the other kinds.

I was mixing it in with the friskies dry and will do that when I get new kind.

Not sure what flavor it was, I think duck or chicken.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

My civvie, Booboo, will eat NOTHING ELSE than Purina Fancy Feast dry food. Seriously, she refuses to eat any other foods, dry or wet; she stops eating.
    I tried cold turkey, 2 days, no dry food. She did not eat. She was just over 5lbs and just can't afford to go without food, so the dry was put back out for her. Thank goodness she is not the diabetic, or I don't know what I would do.

7. justpj

justpj New Member

For my kitties i had to mix the old with the new and gradually increase the amount of "good" or better dry food. This worked but took a long long time as I have 3 very smart and picky kitties

8. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I now do "blind taste tests". At night, I put down two different mixtures of food, and in the morning, I see which one is all gone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.