Nature's Valley Instinct

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Carol Leashefski, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol Leashefski

Carol Leashefski New Member

I have to say I am amazed that just changing from dry and minimal wet food to all wet food --Nature's Valley Instinct has decreased Woody's BS to the lower end of normal. I haven't given him insulin the last two days. I have been taking his BS on the weekend. I am about to take it again since it is time for him to eat. I will do a pre and post test. I did a test earlier in the day and he was within normal range.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

many kitties here have gone into remission just by changing their food

3. meowsyko

meowsyko Member

My cat went into remission after getting her off pred, using TR, and switching from prescription food to Nature's Variety Instinct Lamb. Her kidney values also improved after the diet change. It has definitely changed my entire outlook on food by actually seeing the benefits of a proper, high-quality diet.
    Just FYI: "Remission is reached when kitty can go 14 days without insulin. Most cats will remain in the range of a healthy cat 50 - 80mg/dL (2.7 - 4.4 mmol/L) with only sporadic higher or lower BG numbers. However, some will experience infrequent BG numbers higher than the norm"
    Hope he's able to stay off the juice! :cat:

4. Carol Leashefski

Carol Leashefski New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at his labs and the range the vet has is slightly different. I think as long as he can stay in double digits for the majority of the time and 14 days I will be a happier camper. He is now picky with the Nature's Variety--lol! He likes the expensive stuff--rabbit, lamb and duck. He initially liked them all that I purchased. I did not purchase the salmon, beef or chicken because I spoke with our regular lady at the pet store and she didn't recommend the fish at all. He went up to 124 the other day but I gave him food and then tested. It came down. I get a little nervous since I am gone a few days over night and my husband is the one feeding him but he seems to have it under control as well. I did order the Limited Ingredient Diet for him (gold can) since only one of the pet stores in the area carries that brand of Nature's Variety. I had another cat dx with diabetes and now I realize that even the dry prescription diabetic food was not good for her. It makes me wish I had come across this site then. I would have removed the dry. She was my only female cat and she lived to be 15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.