Nature's Variety Raw Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I apologize for posting, but cannot locate food charts. Quick Question, we have the Rabbit & Chicken Raw for Baby (Diabetic) & Sadi (Not)
    Are all the raw foods good choices? We have no known allergies - I was thinking of getting them Turkey Liver or something along those lines to spice it up.

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Food charts are here: http://binkyspage.tripod.com/canfood.html

I think NV raw is on one of the canned food charts, way at the bottom under "Other" or something like that.

NV raw is fine for a diabetic cat to have. Some people here feed it. The food does contain honey but it's probably a tiny amount that won't affect bgs in any way.

3. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

Some diabetic cats have problems with pancreatitis, and some owners find that a low-fat diet reduces their cat's pancreatitis problems. So if your cat is a pancreatitis cat who is sensitive to fat, it would make sense to opt for one of the low-carb, lower-fat raw diets.

4. Maximillian's Person

Maximillian's Person Member

I have fed NV raw and a canned food mixture for three years now with no problems. My cats prefer the raw with a bit of FF mixed in.

5. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

I use the NV raw organic chicken, but I have to mix it with canned Wellness or EVO and some hot water to get the weasels interested. Flo's BGs have been great on it. I used the rabbit a couple of times, but then it made me miss my (GA) rabbit, so I stick to the chicken now. ;)

6. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Karen you made me laugh out loud literally, the rabbit makes you miss your rabbit :D
    I don't even really eat meat myself, but I dont think the rabbit smells that bad :lol:
    Baby loves it, I put some hot water on it & crumble protein freeze dried on top - Sadi won't even go near it :lol:
    Naturally, they each have their own little personalities.

7. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

To be perfectly honest, there was an even more disturbing reason. My rabbit thought he was a cat, and would often get into the cat food. He mostly liked kibble, but would occasionally go for the canned/raw mixture. And the thought of him getting into rabbit was just way too nasty. And there were a few times that the kibble mixture had Nature's Variety grain free Instinct Rabbit in it, so I'm quite certain there was some cannibalism happening. Why he didn't understand that he was an herbivore is beyond me. And it's not like he didn't have the best rabbit appropriate food available to him--gorgeous hay bought by the bale from a local fancy pants stable/feed purveyor, an organic garden I planted mostly for him, and ridiculously expensive Timothy kibble. Spoiled rotten he was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.