? Need advice, think test strips are bad

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by katiesmom, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

Please see my last post in this thread-

Anyone using this particular lot# of Relion test strips?
    LOT# G175D08
    CODE F-3
    EXP 2019-01-31

If so, are your test results usual?

I'm getting unusual PS numbers for Katie lately, lower than usual. Low enough (80's) I am having to stall shots. It seems to coincide with the start of this lot of strips. Dont look at my SS it's not updated, sorry, been journaling them at home.

My test solution is 6 months old (forgot to call to replace at 3 months), I tried it anyway and got numbers out of range with the solution. I dont know if it's the test solution or the strips. I plan on getting new strips (hopefully with a different lot number) but we have a snowstorm right now and I cant get out to get any right now.

I'm worried, if any one is using this lot of test strips, please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Reason for edit: more info
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Try testing yourself or a non-diabetic cat and see what the numbers look like.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

Hi & thanks for your reply. I did think about that, I did test myself, but I really cant tell. It was 107, which may or may not be right. Other times I have tested I have been between 90-120.

Katie has been having preshots of 100-120 normally. I have been getting 80's and low 90's this week. I dont like to shoot under 95-100. So if these strips are off, they arent off by a lot, but enough I am stalling shots, and I dont want to be stalling shots if she is actually higher and okay to shoot, you know? I do have a non-diabetic kitty here, but I really wouldn't know what was normal for her, I have only tested her once before, and I got a 48 for her then.

What is unusual, she doesnt seem to be going up much at all after stalling a couple hours, so then I stall a few more hours....she's been getting shots 4-6 hours late, and even then the numbers are only about 100. It just doesnt seem right. And then with the test solution numbers being off.........I just dont know.

I am so friggin neurotic about this stuff, I cant stand it!

4. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

Crap, I just tested her again, it's now a +17 and numbers are still in 80's. Hubby woke up and a tested him, and got a 68 & 70, which is low for him, he usually is around 110 or so. Crap what if these strips ARE bad? I dont know what to do.......I am trying to talk him into going to walmart in the snowstorm. They dont always have them on the shelf after the pharmacy closes though. Any ideas, anyone?

5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I use an Aviva Accuchek human meter and my last 100 strips had about 10% duds, just got an error code. New battery didn't fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.