? Need Advice! Vomit after Insulin injection

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Catlover3, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Catlover3

Catlover3 Member

Just check Pooka's PMPS was 327 (Human Monitor) gave her food and gave her PM shot of 1.8 (using u100 needles). after eating she vomited all her food up and a small hair ball. Should I be concerned about her BG going too low? It is odd she vomited she never does that but my sister told me I overfeed her. To be honest, I did give her extra tonight and when I gave her the shot she whined louder than usual.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

If it was my cat, I would just keep a close eye for the next few hours, and in a little bit offer a little soupy pate to see if she will eat it. When Idjit vomits up those hairballs, and sometimes just eats too fast, I let him rest for a bit, then offer very small meals at intervals to see what he will do. Could be she just gobbled too fast and it resulted in upchuck. Try not to worry too much, unless and if she continues vomiting.

Lisa and little likes this.
  3. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

It is hair ball season so just keep an eye out and take the advice above form Lou. Hopefully feeling Better now?

4. Catlover3

Catlover3 Member

Thank you all for replies. I offered a some cooked chicken breast a few hours after she vomited and she ate it then 3 hours after that I offered a small amount of cat food. She is resting in her Amazon box now. LOL. I do not know why we spend so much on cat beds and our cats choose the packaging.

Lisa and little likes this.
  5. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL!! My cats LOVE their amazon boxes!

I'm so glad that Pooka is feeling better. :)