Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Molly, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly

Molly Member

I've been posting a lot in the PZI forum lately, but the people over there were suggesting I check in here to see if anyone has some ideas about what is going on with my kitty.

There is a lot of info in my profile and some crazy numbers in my SS. Yesterday Meatball had small ketones, but I've given him fluids and he's been drinking extra water that I mix in with his food.
    Any ideas about what might be going on??

This is a link to a conversation from yesterday...
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7839
    Thanks!

2. Molly

Molly Member

I should add, it was suggested yesterday that perhaps ProZinc is not working for Meatball. I would be happy to try Lantus or Levemir. Soon would be a good time for a switch, as my bottle of ProZinc will soon need to be replaced, either with a new bottle, or a new brand.

3. rtring12

rtring12 New Member

My advice to you is get off the Prozinc. My cat was just switched to Prozinc 1 week ago and now she is sick and
    has been at the vet for 2 days now. She still is not looking good. I hope I don't have to put her down but it is starting
    to look like I might have to.

4. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

I'm so sorry to hear your cat is sick. Does she have ketones?

ProZinc is working out very well for several folks. In fact a couple of cats have gone into remission after a very short course of ProZinc.

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience w/Prozinc, however, Lev is working out really well for Spot. He started on Humulin N, was on it for 7 months, did absolutely terrible. Switched to Lev in March of 2009, he's now on .1u twice daily. It certainly can't hurt to try another insulin. Just read the stickys on the different ones and see what will work best for you.
    People told me that N worked well for other kitties...it didn't for Spot. ECID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.