? Need advise on increase

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stressedcatmom, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stressedcatmom

Stressedcatmom Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Yoshi was in remission for 2 1/2 years thanks to Prozinc and the great people on the board.

He has a UTI and I think this got him out of remission.

The vet gave him an antibiodic shot that lasts two weeks in his system. I am going bk to the vet this Friday to recheck urine.

I have been concerned about Yoshi's progress as this dose doesn't seem to be working for him. I asked her opinion. The vet wants to go from 1 to 2 u. I am not comfortable with this. I would suggest a 1.5.

Any advise is appreciated. I am debating going back to Prozinc as he was only on that one month. That, and a canned food diet (and again, this board) saved his life.

Here is the thread which includes her recommendations.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/yoshi-amps457-vet-wants-to-increase-to-2u.219214/

(cross posted in Lantus forum)

2. Stressedcatmom

Stressedcatmom Well-Known Member

3. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

If you know Prozinc, are comfortable with it and it worked well for your cat before, I would give it a go. Lantus is a good insulin and you probably do need to up the dose but every cat is different and Prozinc may be what works best for your cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.