Need cabergoline dosing information

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Mollycat, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

Try to get information to my vet on cabergoline for biscuits

2. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

I know there are a few kitties using cabergoline right now...

@Teresa & Cricket
    @Olive & Paula

are the ones who come to mind first. (Teresa and Paula, I hope you don't mind the tags)

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

No problem. Already responded on her other post.

Karen&Rocket likes this.
  4. Teresa & Cricket

Teresa & Cricket Member

Hi @Mollycat ,
    We use it. Cricket gets .62 ml oil base once per day. From Diamondback/Wedgewood.
    It does work well.
    (although I think my last bottle was not good because her BS was unregulated the whole month and I finished the bottle a week before I should've. Now I will be checking every bottle to make sure the amount in it is correct as soon as we get it. And the levels went back to normal with the new bottle)

I imagine by now someone has directed you to the studies on here by RVC, etc.

I think the word is starting to get around to vets as one of the vets at the clinic I go to was familiar with it and recognizes that acro is actually more common than they thought.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

We get our caber from there also. In bacon and marshmallow flavor. The marshmallow helps with the bitter taste. Ollie loves it. Ollie bottles are different each time. When I order it I tell them make sure there is 20+ ml in the bottle. My vet also orders a different dose than what is given so I have more in the bottle and wiggle room to increase dose.

JeffJ and Teresa & Cricket like this.
  6. Teresa & Cricket

Teresa & Cricket Member

I'm going to do quality control from now on, and if we continue, I might change the flavor to see if she likes it. Right now we get chicken and she doesn't hate it or love it... just is annoyed I'm sticking a syringe in her mouth.
    But honestly, I'm not sure how much more time we'll have left at this point...

JeffJ likes this.