Need dose assistance after first blues in ages - PMPS 188

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hello all! Lou has been very high lately and today he popped the first blues and some of the lowest numbers in at least a month, likely more. (Huzzah!!! :D) He's currently on 3.5u of Vetsulin, and dosing the full dose in the high 200s has been working. Thoughts on what to dose for his blue preshot?? I'm going to feed him and then his shot is due. I'd figure I'd throw the question out there in case someone is available!

Thanks in advance!

ETA - While I don't want to lose the progress he's made today, the odds are he'll be high tomorrow and I'll start over, as usual. Which means this discussion doesn't entirely matter, but I'm curious to know your thoughts. It seems a bit too low to give the full 3.5u, but I can't decide how much to give him since he doesn't usually throw out blues. I don't have much history to use, haha.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Reason for edit: Update.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd stick with the current dose....his numbers are going up now so they'll probably continue to climb a little before the next shot kicks in.

As long as you're going to be home and have everything you need in your hypo kit, there's really no reason not to shoot ...especially when you're starting to see some progress!!

3. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

EEEP!!! You're probably right of course! I've obviously learned lowering doses at night doesn't really do him any favors. Thanks a bunch Chris!! Here I go! :cool:

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.