Need dosing advice please

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy G, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Kathy G

Kathy G Member

Oliver is going to give me a heart attack this weekend! I tried to lower his dose from 1 unit to 0.75 but had to immediately go to 0.5 due to low numbers. Now he's in hypo again after 2 days. Should I drop to 0.25 tonight (if his numbers are high enough)?

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow! A drop to 60 at +3? That's pretty nuts. Yeah I'd lower the dose tonight if he's high enough. How is his eating? I noticed the note on his SS.

3. Kathy G

Kathy G Member

The past few days his appetite has dropped a little....hence the reduction in feeding. I'm giving him frequent small meals (1/2 can FF) today and he's finishing all of it. He's 17lbs btw.

4. Kathy G

Kathy G Member

His pmps was 160 so I just gave him 0.4 units and will get a +3 test.

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hi Kathy- Just getting caught up this morning...I think I would lower Oliver's dose to 0.25 (or as close as you can get and be consistent). He's still pretty new at this dance, and a lime green earns a full 0.25u reduction for newer kitties. I know he stayed blue last night, but he was still recovering from the higher carb food and the low number. As that extra sugar gets out of his system, 0.4u may be too much for him.

Rachel likes this.
  6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I agree completely. I'm sorry I should have been more clear that I thought you should lower to 0.25. My brain has been kind of sluggish this weekend and I think I say things that I didn't!

7. Kathy G

Kathy G Member

Ugh.....why didn't I think of that? lol It's ok, I'll start at 0.25 today. His shot times are 2:30am and pm so I totally understand people aren't on and hey, we all have lives to attend too! :)