? Need dosing advice..

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by SpotsMom, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Looking for some expert advice here. I’m getting a little frustrated. I have tried lowering his dose.. raising his dose... giving it several cycles to settle at different doses... in the end his preshot numbers are higher but I’m not seeing any real change in the nadir numbers. I get occasional random greens, but nothing that is repeatable. Any advice on next steps??

2. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

If it were me, I would raise him to 1.5 now. I know it's frustrating. As long as you're around to test him then I would try increasing the dose. I looked at your sheet and would be wondering too. I know that's not much help.:confused: Sometimes it really is trial and error - as long as you're not being reckless you will eventually get his dose figured out.

SpotsMom likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

The last three days aren't that bad. You could try 1.5 u now to see if you can't get his nadir down a bit. It's quite common to have this shape of curve with ProZinc - ie., PSs a bit higher than ideal even if nadirs are decent.

SpotsMom likes this.
  4. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

I completely agree with this! I know everyone wants yellow for the PS. I finally decided pinks aren't that bad if the majority of the time they're in a decent range.

5. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I guess I just see the random reds thrown in and it makes me freak out and think I’m going in the wrong direction haha. I’ll try 1.5u tomorrow and see if we can catch another elusive green :nailbiting:

Thanks for the sanity check!

On the plus side he’s actually eating his food the last few days (thanks in large part to the Pepcid that you all recommended!), so my stress level is way down. When he feels better, I feel better :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Bahaha well we found another elusive green... still at 1.25u his +4 is 95. Guess I’ll be staying up just a little later to see where he lands!

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Stay at 1.25 u for now. Lovely greens last night. :)

SpotsMom likes this.
  8. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

He must have felt us talking about raising his dose and decided NOPE! haha. He’s put out some fantastic numbers the past few days, so I guess it just took him a while to settle in at 1.25u. His personality the past few days has been amazing. I feel like I have my kitty back! He even escaped and chased a birdy in the backyard :cat:

I am cautiously optimistic :joyful:

9. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

Go Spot, go! I seriously stopped worrying about getting yellows for preshots if the middle numbers were in the greens. He's looking great.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

:cool::D

11. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Spot has been doing great the past few weeks at 1.25u. I finally feel like regulation is a real thing! His numbers have been really good and his personality has reflected this. He's been eating normally, behaving normally, using the litter box (you guessed it) normally! He's even gained back some of the weight he lost, and is looking very fluffy :cat:

He's been doing so well I apparently got complacent. He woke me up this morning at 5:30am (+9) screaming at me that he's hungry... which hasn't happened in weeks! I crawled out of bed, fed him, then went back to bed. I woke up 3 hours later to test/feed/shoot and surprise of all surprises his AMPS is 171!! Now I feel guilty for not testing him when he woke me up earlier! I reduced slightly to 1u this morning and when I came home at +7 he was 84.. which is a bit lower than normal and after his normal nadir time, so I think maybe 1u was still too high today.

In the future, what should I do when his PS is so much lower than normal? What should I do tonight?? Now I'm right back to doubting myself again.... :nailbiting:

12. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow! That's quite a drop. First off, don't worry about the not testing him overnight thing. When they wake us up, it's hard to think clearly...it probably wouldn't have occurred to me either!

As for tonight, I think it'll depend on your preshot. Looks like he is headed back up, so maybe stick with 1 if he's lower than usual? And if he's back up to normal range, give him the 1.25?

SpotsMom likes this.
  13. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

He did end up back in the 300s so we went with 1.25u. So confusing. I think he just likes to mess with me haha. Just when I start to get “comfortable” :facepalm:

14. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Also I think I have a new profile pic. Someone decided to come say hello :cat: 394E6EF6-DFC1-4869-9F4F-9D2B39567FBE.png

Kris & Teasel and Rachel like this.
  15. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

What a handsome kitty!

SpotsMom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.