Need dosing advice.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Liang & Nathan, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Liang & Nathan

Liang & Nathan Member

Hello,

It has been one week since I removed dry food from Nathan's diet.

And he has been on 0.5u dose for a few days.

His AMPS levels are always high enough to shoot him the full dose, but his PMPS levels are usually between 150-200. So I have to either skip the shot or give him a token dose.

Today his PMPS was 88, the first time <100 as pre-shot number. Then we re-tested immediately, got another reading 107.

I have decided to skip his PM shot due to this low number.

However, do I need to reduce another 0.25u from tomorrow morning, since I got a 88 (but then I got 107?)?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Answered you over in Feline Health, over the last couple of days.

Liang & Nathan likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Wow these numbers are looking great!!!

Liang & Nathan and Deb & Wink like this.
  4. Liang & Nathan

Liang & Nathan Member

Thank you ladies.

I have been trying to find the optimal dose for Nathan now as his pre-shot numbers are 120-150.

If he eats a big meal (2.5-3oz canned food) at the shot time, then 0.1u is not enough (just like doing nothing), but 0.15u will bring his numbers down to 70-80.

If he eats a smaller meal (1-1.5oz canned food) at the shot time (this usually happens at PM shot time because sometime he eats too much at AM+8 so he is not very hungry at the PM shot time), then 0.15u is too much for him and will drop his BG too fast and too low. So in this case I just shoot him 0.1u, or maybe even less, depending on how much he eats.

Deb & Wink likes this.