Need Food Ideas...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Crystal0268, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crystal0268

Crystal0268 New Member

My cat has food allergies and is diabetic. She is allergic to chicken, duck, fish, pork, and I believe rabbit. She is currently eating Red Barn lamb and her insulin dose is soo low because this food has almost no carbs.

However, I think the quality of the food has decreased and my cat doesn't want to eat it anymore. She will eat her dry, high-carb hydrolyzed protein kibble, but she can't continue with that.

What other proteins can I try? Kangaroo seems high carb, is that correct? Hard to find that info. I'd also try lamb if it's from a different brand. I have ordered Hound and Gatos lamb before and it was nasty, like styrofoam.

If you know of any brands with low carb food in a protein she can eat please let me know! I'm not sure where to turn!

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where you are so I'm not sure is available for you but some people here use Young Again when they can't get their kitties to accept wet food

3. Sohalia

Sohalia Member

I would consult your vet before trying other foods, with all of her allergies and all. But... have you tried/considered Stella & Chewy's Freeze Dried? They have Turkey and Salmon flavours that have high crude protein. My cats love Stella & Chewy's. Is she allergic to all fish or just certain kinds?

https://www.stellaandchewys.com/cat-food/freeze-dried-raw-dinners Just for you to look at.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Googling shows that Kangaroo meat by itself has no carbs. It is likely, that like most commercial canned pet food, commercial Kangaroo canned cat food would have some carbs, the about would depend upon the manufacturer.

5. Crystal0268

Crystal0268 New Member

The only kind I've found that is kangaroo, with no additional protein, is the brand Walkabout, and I can not get a response from them on carb content. Do you know of any other brands that sell kangaroo?

6. Crystal0268

Crystal0268 New Member

What form is this food in? Freeze dried pieces? I'm not sure about salmon, I don't think she's had that one but I know fish is a really common allergy in cats. I just gave her some canned tuna to see if she has a reaction, will know in 2-6 weeks..

7. Crystal0268

Crystal0268 New Member

If you're referring to their flavor enhancer, it's made with chicken. But I know if she could eat chicken she would gobble down her food in any form.

8. Sohalia

Sohalia Member

Yes, you add water to them. They also have frozen raw diet, but your cat is allergic to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.