? Need HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summers Mom, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Summer just tested 71 at preshot!! She just started getting her very first greens this am. Please look at SS. I just increased her yesterday also. Should i decrease back down to 6 or stay with my new dose when i shoot her? She is due for a shot at anytime> Thanks

EDIT: What concerns me is she has been going down in numbers after preshot for the past couple of cycles.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first green PS! I think you should stay with the new dose if you can test today. According to TR you should hold new doses for 6 cycles. Is there a reason you increased to 6.5 instead of 6.25? I'd stick with the 6.5 now, but just curious. I'd test at +2 and continue to test as needed depending on that reading. Hopefully others will advise you as well.

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That is a really nice AMPS, and even the pm cycle, she was nice green and not too low, no need for a decrease just yet. :D It looks like her pattern is to go higher after the shot anyway. As long as you are around to monitor and have lots of test strips. See what others have to say.

Woohoo! Go Summer!!! :cat:

Summers Mom likes this.
  4. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

@Summers Mom - It's really scary when you're considering shooting your lowest number ever for the first time, but shooting low helps keep blood sugar low, so sometimes you just have to be brave and do it. It looks like you test regularly throughout the day. If you're available to test every couple of hours like you normally do, and you have plenty of strips, and a source of high carbs (like the strained gravy from a gravy-based cat food, honey, karo syrup, etc.) to address numbers if they go too low, then I vote to shoot and see what Summer can do. Judging from her spreadsheet, she'll either remain pretty flat or head up a bit. She may even bounce because this is her first green and her body may not be used to it just yet.

Summers Mom and Stacy & Asia like this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

I think there is a general rule for high dose kitties that over 5 units, the increases can be done by .5 instead of .25 because the increase percentage gets much smaller as the dose increases. It might be in an acro sticky somewhere, but I've seen it several times in threads with acro kitties.

6. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Thank you all! Wish me and summer luck. I'm going to go ahead and shoot. Thank you all so so much for being here!!!! Summer is going green!!!! :D:D:D

7. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

See what's coming up with this dose, if he goes too low then a reduction could be considered.

He's safe now.

Congrats !

Summers Mom likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

You got this, Summer! Yay green! Get a +2 like Alicia said so you have an idea where she will go today.

Summers Mom likes this.
  9. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Being i held off a few mins on her shot she was already going up. She went from 71 to 82 so i just gave her full dose of 6.5 Hopefully summer will continue to see green!!! I stayed up with her until 5am because she was dropping low into her first greens. She is wanting to go low in the am hours! I sure wish it was during the day instead. But i am thrilled to see greens no matter what time it happens!!! :D:D:D

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you've just earned your

[​IMG]

Hope Summer has a great cycle ahead! :D

Summers Mom and Stacy & Asia like this.
  11. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Oohhh....so exciting! First greens last night and a green pre shot for the morning! Be good Summer! :D

Summers Mom likes this.
  12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first green! We recommend getting a +1 & +2 when shooting low in the beginning. It's easier to intervene early if needed with food. Surf safely Summer.

Summers Mom and Marje and Gracie like this.
  13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Excellent advice.

Nice shooting!

Before things potentially get exciting, could you please format your subject line as we do here so that it makes it easier for members to follow Summer today:

12/28 Summer AMPS 71

Then just add to it as you go, for example
    12/28 Summer AMPS 71 +1 92 +2 83

That way, at a quick glance, an experienced member would know you are in for a busy cycle and could pop in to give some suggestions.

Thank you!

Summers Mom likes this.
  14. Stacy & Asia

What's Summer up to? Enquiring minds want to know. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.