Need help testing glucose

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mr. Piggy, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Piggy

Mr. Piggy New Member

If anybody in southeast Dallas , seagoville area in Texas , can come over and help me check my boy. I have my testing stuff here . I have a really hard time doing it myself. Looking for new loving home for him to . Please help!!!

Attached Files:

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are struggling so much. what gauge lancet are you using? If it's a 31 or 33 I suggest getting 28's.... they are bigger and therefore easier to get a sample. What meter are you using? Some meters use a small sample (.3) such as the Relion Micro/Confirm or Alphatrak, and some use a larger sample (.5) such as the relion prime.

Is your cat squirmy?
    are you warming up the ear with a rice sock or by rubbing it?
    are you unsure of exactly where to poke? You want to get the area between the vein and the outer edge of the ear. We call it the sweet spot.

In my signature I have a video showing how I test my cat CC... maybe it will help.

Mr. Piggy and Squeakycats like this.
  3. Mr. Piggy

Mr. Piggy New Member

Thank you so much for the info . I'm just still having a hard time checking cause I touch his ear and he starts growling. And then he starts fighting me . Even if I try to give him his favorite, boiled chicken. It's just not working out for me . And I'm still looking g for someone who can adopt him and love him as much as I do . I just don't have the heart keep seeing him sick like this . I'm leaving to Portland Oregon to see my mom here in a few weeks and I'm trying to hurry this process cause I don't even have a sitter. No friends that would be to much responsibility. I've been so stressed caused I'm worried for my kitty . And I stress then he stresses. Please if you know of anybody , I live southeast of Dallas TX.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Keep working on desensitizing him to having his ears touched.... So that for a while without poking just to get him used to having them touched.

Mr. Piggy likes this.
  5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

You can try contacting Diabetic Cats In Need (DCIN) They sometimes help with placements.

Mr. Piggy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.