? Need help, using Vetsulin but dose not lasting very long

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Smoky, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

Need help from anyone using vetsulin for their kitty. Smoky has been on it since Sept 6 of this year when he was diagnosed. It doesn't seem to last very long and he seems to be hitting his lowest numbers by +4 or +5 after shooting. Today he dropped from 476 at AMPS to 136 at +4.25 on 0.75 units.
    Should I test him again and when? It is now almost +6 after am shooting.
    I was trying to figure out how to post a link from previous post to this one. Guess I goofed up on that one.

Forums>Feline Health - (The Main Forum)>
    1. Learn more about supporting the FDMB - click here
      Dismiss Notice
    ? Doing a bit of a curve today, BG numbers dropping too quickly.
    Unwatch Thread
    1. [​IMG]
      Lisa and Smoky
      I'm trying to do a curve on Smoky today, I can test every three hours after AM shooting up to +3 after pm shooting. I have to feed smoky small meals several times a day to get him to eat enough. I do not give him any food for two hours prior to testing. I don't know if the frequent meals between testing is affecting his BG or not. If it will help,check out his SS for his latest numbers so far.

Smoky's spreadsheet
      Yesterday at 3:29 PMEditReport

2. [​IMG]
      Larry and Kitties
      You want to feed the cat like you do every day when you do a curve. You want to curve to represent a normal day

Yesterday at 3:59 PMReport
      LikeReply

3. [​IMG]
      Lisa and Smoky
      Smoky gets fed a few times a day, usually every four hours. He is slowly gaining back weight with this feeding schedule. I can only test him throughout the day when I have days off from work. I just started home testing last Sat so still new in that area.

Smoky's spreadsheet
      Yesterday at 4:26 PMEditDeleteReport

4. [​IMG]
      Critter Mom

I just started home testing last Sat so still new in that area.
      You're making great progress, Lisa. :bighug:

Mogs

Spreadsheet | Saoirse's Profile
      Today at 7:07 AMReport
      LikeReply

5. [​IMG]
      Lisa and Smoky

You're making great progress, Lisa. :bighug:

Mogs
      Thanks for the hug,really need it right now. Just did smokys AMPS and it jumped to 476. I forgot to pick up his canned food last night. I just picked it up an hour before I tested him. Usually give him am shot at 8 am. I will test him again at +4 I'm worried about his numbers jumping like that.

Smoky's spreadsheet
      Today at 8:04 AMEditDeleteReport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.