Need help with food.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenn & Baxter, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

I really need some advice about food & feeding.

I will start at the begining of DX, Nov 12. I had Baxter on Blue Buffalo WIlderness Salmon Dry.
    I had him off dry in less then a week after DX to BB Wilderness Salmon canned then I found out feeding fish all the time isn't good. So within a couple of weeks after DX & research I put Baxter on BBW duck. I noticed his #'s went up a little on duck. But, wasn't sure if it was duck or just FD. I stopped feeding duck.
    I switched to Before Grain Turkey, that went well for a few days & he stopped eating turkey. While I researched some different foods I fed him BBW Salmon. Just to get him to eat. HE LOVES HIS SALMON.
    Then I tried the Before Grain Beef. He seem to love it, his #'s really lowered to the point of not needing insulin for almost 3 weeks. Well, the problem was he started to throw up at least 1 a week. His stomach made horrible noises & his nose was runny & when he breathed you could hear it in his nose. I did a little more research & found that 80% of cats are allergic to beef. I stopped feeding him beef.
    Back to the store I go....I decided to go back to BBW duck. Well his #'s are high again to the point of needing insulin. He has started to not eat much duck. He hasn't thrown up on BBW.

I honestly don't know what to do? He likes something for a couple of days then doesn't like it anymore. He has lost some weight. I really would like to stay grain free. I won't even mind going raw. My vet says no to raw diet.
    I can't speak to my vet about food/diet because he is a SD/MD vet all the way.

Thank you.

Baxter SS is updated for viewing.

2. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

All the Wellness canned food is grain free. My cat Merlin had liquipoo for a long time when I first got him and this was the only food he could tolerate. He was better the next day after starting Wellness. I almost went to raw myself. Before getting a grinder you could try Nature's Variety to see if your cat will eat it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.