Need help with insulin for Oreo Joe

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Bonnie & Oreo Joe, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie & Oreo Joe

Bonnie & Oreo Joe Member

Please tell me if I was supposed to keep using the thread I began with. It seems it gets awfully long.
    I finally have the spread sheet working. My poor boy is all over the map and this morning feeling really ill. I was surprised to see that he never asked for food just went directly under the bed and didn't even come out to drink. I was about ready to take the bed apart to catch him when he came out and laid 3 feet away from his food dish and didn't move. Finally I baby talked him into coming to me and after some heavy duty cuddling I got his BG - which he really doesn't mind at all. It was 300 again. I gave him his hypo medicine and zofran and placed him by his food and he ate while I shot. 1½ U.
    You can see one morning I gave a fur shot.
    I know the goal is 120 but I did right in not giving him insulin yesterday when it was 150 right? I had been told either by the vet or here that I shouldn't shoot unless it was 200 or over. I wanted to check that out.
    I suppose since it is early days in the insulin I wait another week before any change in insulin is made.
    I appreciate your help.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You were right not to shoot the 150. I'm sorry you're kitty isn't feeling well.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Would it be possible in the evening to get a+4 number of is that too late?

Next day youre home see if you can do a curve. (A test every 2 hours for 12 hours)

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It's fine to start a new thread. We don't really have any "rules" about threads. Once they get past about a page, we do usually suggest starting a new one since they get long as you said. But beyond that, it's up to you. Some people like to start new threads every day...some like to to start new threads for new subjects...some just wait awhile and then start a new one. Whatever works best. :)

Yes, we say not to shoot below 200 at first. You'll see that some do, but that's based on lots of data and the ability to monitor. How did he eat? I hope he keeps that up for you.

Why don't you keep up with the testing and let's see how things go? You can make a change earlier if needed...it'll just depend. We're here to help you though. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.