Need Help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by doose24, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doose24

doose24 Member

All,

Nana has been doing well with 2 units of Vetsulin once a day. All of the sudden, she is not responding to the 2 units.

I checked for a UTI and it came back negative. Can someone please take a look at her sheet? Am I doing something wrong?

The vet said to increase 3 units once a day.

Thank you!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. doose24

doose24 Member

I also took her BG with 3 meters.

@1 hour
    AlphaTrak2- 380
    Contour Next- 286

@ 4 hours
    AlphaTrak2- 284
    Contour Next- 227
    Prodigy- 258

She is only eating wet food and Young again.

4. doose24

doose24 Member

I had two different Vets tell me to give her just 2 units once a day. I told them I thought it should twice a day, but they told me to just once a day.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

It sounds like these vets think she is a dog. :) http://www.vetsulin.com/vet/DosingOverview.aspx

So, are you giving just one shot a day or are you giving two now? The spreadsheet looks like you recently started giving two.

Does she have any other issues going on right now like maybe a need for dental work?

6. doose24

doose24 Member

I started giving her a dose at night because her BG was high.

She seems to be fine (eating and drinking normally). No symptoms of diabetes, except for the high BG. I checked her for ketones on Monday and it was negative.

It's really weird. One day the 2 units worked, and the next it didn't work. So I am baffled. I bought 3 new bottles of vetsulin to make sure it wasn't the insulin.

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.