Need pet sitter/boarding near Valdosta, Georgia - South GA

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rvontrapp, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvontrapp

rvontrapp Member

I'm headed out of town this weekend and I need someone to look after Munchkin while we're gone. I called the vet where we normally board Munchkin and they have a new weekend person who doesn't know how to do the blood glucose checks. (I mean, really?) So, if I left Munchkin with them again, they'd be shooting blind all weekend. I did ask if any of the techs did pet sitting on the weekends, but the receptionist assured me none of their techs did that. Do ya'll know of anyone (FDMB member?) in the South Georgia, Valdosta area who could pet-sit or where we could board him, who can also do the glucose checks and insulin shots? Thanks!

2. SusanandOwen

SusanandOwen Member

Re: Need pet sitter/boarding near Valdosta, Georgia - South

I'm too far to be of help to you, but you might try Fetch! pet sitting services. We use their N. Atlanta folks and they are able to test and do injections. Our sitter is a wonderful person and texts us messages and photos of our furry kids when we travel and we absolutely love her.

http://www.fetchpetcare.com

Hope that helps!

3. rvontrapp

rvontrapp Member

Thanks for the link but I checked they don't have anyone in the South Georgia area! Still, I appreciate the feedback :smile:

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Google Maps Search using pet sitter loc: Valdosta, GA here

You can vary what you are looking for - boarding, kennel, etc - and follow it by loc: Valdosta, GA
    If you add street address and/or zip code, it'll center the search from that.

5. rvontrapp

rvontrapp Member

Thanks! I did find a couple promising boarding places on Google that I might check out for our other pets. As for Munchkin, I just made him a reservation at our former vet's office. Their office is out of the way for us (the only reason we don't use them anymore) but they always took good care of him. They can also do the blood sugar checks before each shot which our vet can't do on the weekend.

I'd still like to meet other pet partents of diabetic kitties in my area. If any locals come across this post please send me a PM :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.