Need some support- Sadie got her fructosamine Test results

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kacie and Sadie, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kacie and Sadie

Kacie and Sadie Member

Sadie had her fructosamine test yesterday and our vet called with results. She's only fairly regulated. I'm so depressed. The vet wants us to go up .5 from 1.8 to 2.2-2.5 (twice a day) and closely monitor for the next 3 days. I guess I thought we were doing pretty good and I'm really disappointed. Her number was over 500.

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

remember, a fructosamine number isn't the same as what you see on your bg tester. there is a conversion or translation you have to do. see this chart
    http://www.sugarcats.com/infirmary/fructosamine.asp

so in essence your cat has been averaging (since that's what a fructosamine does basically) a BG of 330 over the course of the last couple weeks. she has not been averaging 500.

p.s. just took a quick glance at your spreadsheet and fwiw, i could've come up with the average of 330 myself looking at your spreadsheet. so you are doing just what you thought you guys were doing. don't fret. that fructosamine test doesn't say any more than your spreadsheet does

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

wow, I had no idea about the conversion... thanks for sharing that Cindy :)

Kacie, sorry you are bummed :sad: , that 500 would freak me out too, but nice to know it's really more like a 300. Did you decide what you want to do with the dose? Personally I would be hesitant to raise as much as your vet wants (at least all at once), but I might try 1.8 for a few days - looks like she has been seeing some nice #s on that!

And remember too as others have said recently that it's the "whole cat picture" that matters. If she is happy and feeling a lot better and you have QOL for you & her, that's what really matters! :D Hope she is feeling well tonite, and you too.

4. Kacie and Sadie

Kacie and Sadie Member

Thank you so much! I feel better today and Sadie is feeling really well. In haven't updated her ss but we have been on 1.8 for a few days actually. So, we decided just to up it .5. But we are monitoring pretty close and I will be calling the vet on Thursday for an update with her.

thanks for support!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.