Need tips on how to ship insulin domestically.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sapphire Skye, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire Skye

Sapphire Skye Member

I have a new bottle of insulin (missing 3 units) and I selling it. I need tips on how to do this so I know how to proceed when I get a buyer. With Summer upon us I would hate for it to go bad.

PZI I have a listing in the supply closet.

Thank you!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

When I ordered ProZinc from an online pharmacy, it came in a little styrofoam cooler with an ice pack.

Sapphire Skye likes this.
  3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Every time I have received insulin from someone it is wrapped in bubble wrap and a cold pack is also in the package. The bubble wrap helps to protect the insulin from becoming too cold if the cold pack is frozen when it was shipped. I live in Florida and even in the summer the insulin is still cold when I received it.

Amina&M'row and Sapphire Skye like this.
  4. Sapphire Skye

Sapphire Skye Member

Thank you!

5. Sapphire Skye

Sapphire Skye Member

Thank you :) What size box?

6. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

The box does not have to be very large. You want to wrap the insulin with a layer of the bubble wrap. Then also wrap the frozen cold pack and the insulin together a few times with the bubble wrap to add two or three layers around them. This will keep the insulin cold and keep the cold pack from thawing out too quickly. Add additional bubble wrap as needed so it fits snugly in the box. Since the weather is getting very hot I would recommend shipping it so it arrives no later than two days from the day it shipped.

Sapphire Skye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.