Need to give insulin early

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sherrib, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

how many hours can I give skittles insulin? Isn’t it 2 hours?
    If he gets it at 8 AM, but I have to leave home at 6AM can he get it then?

2. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Giving it 2 hours early will act like a dose increase.. I don’t see any numbers on your spreadsheet more recent than 2017 so can’t really say if it would be safe for Skittles. If you give it that early you may consider reducing as well, and only if he’s actually high enough at that time to shoot.

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Sherri, I agree with SpotsMom. With Prozinc you generally have one hour of play, not two, but it entirely depends on the numbers you've been seeing. Can you input at least the last week to your spreadsheet and then let us know it's there and we can take a look and help you decide if it's safe to shoot early.

4. sherrib

I’m working on my new work SS right now. One is siggy just stopped working.

5. sherrib

I should have the SS done by mind morn.
    His BG is all over the place , so I don’t know.

One day he is # are perfect, no shot needed the next is he the 300-400 ! I need to do another curve.

I will get his new is numbers post but even then I don’t know if anyone can help.

And just in case , can someone tell me how to remove the old SS and add the new SS? I think I know how but then again....

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

We can at least put our heads together and come up with some ideas I'm sure. :)

7. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

To add the new spreadsheet, go to the top right corner and click on your username first, then when the menu appears, click on "signature"
    upload_2018-8-17_6-14-12.png

It will open a text box with your signature and you can add the new link. I wouldn't recommend deleting the old one. Just add a new one named "Skittle's New Spreadsheet" Or something like that. That way you are preserving the record of his history with diabetes. Sometimes that can be helpful.

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  8. sherrib

I hope so. I didn’t get a chance to post it yet, been packing all day. Won’t be able to tomorrow because it’s moving day . Tomorrow I’m moving my last baby to college :( :(
    Tomorrow will also be the longest day that skittles has ever been left alone since his DX.

9. sherrib

Thank you! Will do this as soon as I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.