NEED VET IN COLORADO

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by christine + scoop, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christine + scoop

christine + scoop Member

I am looking for vet experienced with feline diabetes in Colorado. Our current vet doesn't know too much about feline diabetes and I am looking for a second opinion. Any suggestions? We are in the Brighton area.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I live in Colorado Springs so can't help you with my vet. But these guys (University Hills Vets) advocate high protein diets and hometesting: http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandg ... ticles/d39 Not real close, but might be worth a try. You could always call them and get a referral to someone closer?

3. christine + scoop

christine + scoop Member

He is already doing high protein and home testing. I am really looking for a vet willing to more aggressively treat him, I just don't feel like we are doing everything we can for the little guy!

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Is there any chance that we (this web site) can help? Lots of us use our vets for routine stuff like yearly check ups, but manage the diabetes with the help of others on this forum. If you want ideas, let us know what kind of insulin you are using, dosage, whether you are hometesting, recent bg levels and curves and the diet. There are hundreds of posters here who have been lucky enough to get their kitties off insulin or regulated and collectively we have lots of experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.