Need vet recommendation in N. California

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Pam Barnes, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pam Barnes

Pam Barnes Member

I have become unhappy with the two vets who have been caring fo my Bo. Recently, they told me to stop testing him unless I am doing a curve. They think this is why his numbers are remaining high.

Bo was diagnosed in January. He has been on ProZinc since then and is now at 4units but numbers remain in the 300s and 400s. They dont want to take him off ProZinc but want to try reduced Budesonide again, which didnt work a month ago.

Long story short, I am looking for a vet in the Sacramento or Roseville areas of California.

Thank you in advance.

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Definitely disagree with this. I don't understand why Vet's deter pet parents from home testing when they are willing :banghead:. Guess they would blindly dose their human baby with insulin :(.
    I can't help with finding a new Vet since I'm like 3k miles from you but before you stopped testing, I saw the 4.0U was a breakthrough dose but without a supportive/understanding Vet his dose wasn't slowly lowered again.

Have you tested him for ketones since he's been DKA before? Hope to see you on the forum again. We'd love to help you and Bo :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.