Needed U-40's

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Stephanie Montgomery, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie Montgomery

Stephanie Montgomery Member

I am down to 5 syringes and need to know the fastest way to get the Monoject U-40 1/2 mL - 29G x 1/2". Called my vet and waiting on a call back to see how I can get some from them or the next best thing to this. At least temporary from them until I can get these ordered. Anyone order these? Can you refer me to where you buy? Hate last minute planning things but I will think of something.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

U40 syringes are only available in speciality shops or through your vet. You could try calling other veterinary clinics in the area if your clinic doesn't have them for you. The other alternative many folks use here is this website. They don't seem to have the Monoject but they have several other brands and offer priority post of 2-3 days in most areas. They also have express delivery but it's rather expensive.

The other option would be to purchase U100 syringes and use the conversion chart available HERE at least temporarily until an order is delivered.

3. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I buy the CarePoint syringes for under$12 for a box of 100. I like the one half unit markings. The markings are clear enough that I can give doses that are halfway between the marks for doses of .25 or .75 units

4. Griffin's Mom

Griffin's Mom Member

My vet told me I could get them from Costco - Not sure where you are or if they have those stores near you.

5. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

Where do you order your Care point syringes from?

6. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I get them from ADW. com. They have lots of diabetic supplies to choose from. I like the ones I bought because they are marked at the half unit and they are delivered in just a few days. Just be sure to get the U-40 syringes. They have so many different syringes to pick from and their prices are reasonable

7. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

FDMB has a conversion chart which allows you to use U-100 syringes with a U-40 insulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.