Neosporin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Waheeda, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waheeda

Waheeda Well-Known Member

I just started applying this to my cat’s eats after pricking. Found that his ears bleed much easier with lots more blood. Is this normal? It’s quite frightening. He’s on clopidogrel, anti-clotting medicine cos of his heart.

2. Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy Member

I don't know anything about that med, except that anti-clotting meds do make a body bleed more freely. Applying gentle pressure to the point of testing should help. I did this for my kitty when I accidentally nicked his vein, and it helped stop the bleeding. Hopefully someone with experience of that particular med will be able to offer more specific advice.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe you hit the vein. It can bleed freely when that happens. Just apply pressure til it stops as Juls said.
    I have not heard that Neosporin will make the ear bleed and I've used it often.
    More likely the clopidogrel.

4. Waheeda

I’m very careful to avoid the vein. And this happened few times since yesterday. I’ll wipe his ear n poke later.

5. Alyssa & Marbles

Alyssa & Marbles New Member

My Marbles is also on Clopidogrel (as well as Atenenol, and used to also be on Benazapril, for his heart). He however does not bleed excessively when we test...

6. Waheeda

Before I used neosporin, I had no issue. I’ve decided to stop using it for the time being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.