Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

+4 87... just tested 20 mins after that. 77. not use to these low numbers. please help i am really nervous.... not sure what to do.

2. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

Give Squishy a little bit of food... will he eat? Do you have anything a little higher carb than usual?

You don't want to him to eat too much at once because you might need to keep feeding for the next little while...

3. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

we gave him some food and he ate it... i do have some higher carb wet food just in case. but i didnt give him any of that yet. just keeping an eye on him for right now...

4. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

Can you get another test in ten minutes or so?

5. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

I wouldn't give high carb just yet. IMO, I'd get +6 & +7 numbers tonight. He may even go or ride low around +9. If you can not get these numbers. Leave out some canned food for him. But try to get at least +6. Definitely reduce dose AMPS. I do not know what type of syringe you're using. Try and go a tad under 1 unit. Its about 0.8 units. if he goes pretty low tonight. You may even consider 0.5 tomorrow morning even if his PS is mid yellows/pink. If no one will be around to test tomorrow... If it were me, I'd go 0.5 units and leave out some canned food during the day.

6. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

I agree with not wanting to bump up the numbers too much with food, especially since the insulin's starting to have a nice effect overall.

But I'd feel more comfortable if he'd hit the 77 at +6, not +4, especially since there's not enough data to reliably determine his nadir ATM. (The nadir two days ago at +6 is somewhat reassuring in this situation, yesterday's nadir at +8 is not.) Do you have an updated reading?

I also agree with dropping the dose tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.