NEVERMIND! [AMPS = 123 (stalling)]

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

This is looking a lot like the cycles on 8/22 into 8/23 when we shot 1u and had to prop her numbers up all cycle (though granted that was at night, when she may/used to run lower).

Currently stalling. Will test again in 15min from this post, but if she's not coming up, I'm not comfortable giving her 1u again (based on 8/23) since I can't be home to prop her up if necessary.

Thoughts? (Including thoughts if she's coming up but still not to, say 180 for her full 1.5.)

NEVERMIND: 186 after stall.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I would probably give half the normal dose if I was not going to be home, and leave food out for her. You really have to do what you are comfortable with though. You have a good bit of data to base the call on. Trust yourself!

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could try 1.25 if you can monitor.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

That's a tough one. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just always be home? If you can leave food out for her (I can never remember who can do this and who can't), I honestly think I'd go with the 1u. If you can't leave food out for her, then maybe half the usual dose? So 0.75u.....lol....I see FBM just posted basically the same thing! Always nice when you get a couple people in agreement.

5. Djamila

Oh, and Kris! I hadn't seen the updated PS. I like Kris' suggestion of 1.25u since she's risen a fair amount. But as always, go with what you're comfortable with - especially since you won't be home.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Well, crap! :banghead: You were all so (awesomely) posting while I was shooting ... a skinny 1.5 since she was coming up so much. :(

I can get a +1 if that may tell me anything useful? I have a 9:00a meeting I have to go to. I can leave food out for her and also can pop home around +4.5/+5.

7. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Going up that much in 15 mins is quite a bit. It was probably fine. Check when you can and just leave food for her. It's all a big learning experience!

Djamila likes this.
  8. Djamila

I think you're fine, and I like that you were brave and stuck with the dose! I don't know that a +1 is really worth it unless to make you feel better as you leave. If she's got food and you're home around +5, she'll be fine.

9. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Oh, I hope so! Yikes.

@Djamila I did just check my calendar and can run home between the 9 and 11 o’clock meetings. So that’ll be around +3. That will be a better time to get the BG and see where the cycle is heading.

It is good to live < 1 mile from work!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Isn't this just too exciting??? :confused:

Jenna Josie likes this.
  11. Djamila

I'm missing living close already! I used to live right in the middle of my work area, so I could sneak home a lot. My new house is a ways out - it's still a short commute, but too far to just pop in like i used to. I don't think Sam will mind a few less pokes though!

Kris & Teasel and Jenna Josie like this.
  12. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

+3 = 228. That number is definitely food-influenced. Since I left this am, she ate the additional 1.5 oz I left out for her. (She normally gets 3 oz at shot time and then an additional 1.5 for a snack from the timer feeder around +4.)

So yeah, she’s fine. (Though leaving her regular snack for her just in case ... )

Djamila likes this.