New and hoping it's temporary

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TooSweetKittyMom (GA), Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TooSweetKittyMom (GA)

TooSweetKittyMom (GA) Member

Hi all, my 12-year-old kitty was just diagnosed, and I'm hoping it will be temporary. Earlier this year she got a short-term low dose of Prednisolone to clear up some mild asthma. I brought her in for her one-month re-check, having noticed in passing she'd been drinking quite a lot of water, and learned she'd lost half a pound. Diagnosis: diabetes. We're hopeful it will clear up with dietary changes. My wonderful vet suggested this forum, and I'm grateful to have found some support and commiseration.

beggargirl likes this.
  2. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)

beggargirl likes this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. And please thank your vet for pointing out this forum. We help many people and their sugar kittehs.

Please feel free to post questions in the General Health subforum. A lot of topics are common - the search feature works well for those.

beggargirl likes this.
  4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

5. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

welcome toosweetkittymom! I’m new too and I was blindsided at the vet too - here I was in for something else and find out diabetes... :( your vet sounds so good getting you here! I just found this by sheer accident searching for “blood glucose not dropping” and luckily landed here...

beggargirl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.