New and overwhelmed but grateful for the board

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Pjmuellner, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pjmuellner

Pjmuellner New Member

One of the cats (Penny) I've been fostering was diagnosed with diabetes a month ago. I am so grateful to this message board for all the info and shared experiences but it's a whole new ballgame being responsible for a sick cat and I'm worried I'll make mistakes that will hurt her. Info on the internet can be contradictory and some is blatant advertising, so it's lovely to have a place where the well-being of the cat is foremost.

I have spent the last month reading everything I can but I still have so many questions. I pray I'm doing the best and she will feel better. I want to do my best for Penny and trying not to second guess myself.

I started Penny on vetsulin last night. I will post my specific questions on the appropriate board.

Thanks for all the help I've already gotten from the board.

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. It is always overwhelming to have a kitty diagnosed with diabetes but it is treatable and many kitties do quite well. The knowledge and experience of the members on here is invaluable and will help you as you start the treatment process.

You can either post on theVetsulin forum: There are some very helpful members on there with experience in using Vetsulin

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/caninsulin-vetsulin-and-n-nph.19/

Or on the Health forum: You will have more "eyes" on your questions but this covers all types of insulins

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

WELCOME! we are here for you

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Penny :cat:

6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member