New and overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jen & Cosmo, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen & Cosmo

Jen & Cosmo Member

Hi everyone, I'm Jen. I am the president to our cat rescue located in Burton, MI. Last week we rescued a kitty who was abandonded. We got him into the vet yesterday for his intake appointment and thought blood work would be a good idea since he was drinking so much water, and urinating puddles.

Sure enough, he was diagnosed with diabetes. His BG level was 535. This is all new to me, but willing to learn as much as we can to make sure Cosmo has a great life. I've spent 2 days reading so much info, I feel like I'm in info overload. I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm off to read more, but wanted to do a quick intro.

Happy to be here,
    Jen

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Thank you for the rescue work you do! This diagnosis is overwhelming at first, but it is manageable and we’ll be happy to help you along. Come to the Main Forum and ask any questions you have.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! I see that you have already found your way to the main health forum. You will get a lot of good advice and support here.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Jen (also my sister's name). There is some great info here, and some great people to help you. Diabetes is a very manageable disease. I remember the first diagnosis for Leo as well. Now, almost 3 years later with many people helping me, treating his diabetes on a daily basis is routine and almost trivial. I hope we can help you out in the same way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.