New bottle of ProZinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I picked up a new bottle today (which is actually kind of bringing me down. :( )

I’ll start it tomorrow or maybe the next day. Is there anything to know about new bottles? I’ve noticed that people sometimes mark starting a new bottle in their spreadsheets, so it seems like it may be important, but I’m not sure why unless it’s that it may be “stronger” bc it hasn’t been opened/in and out of the fridge for three months?

2. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

You’re exactly right. Sometimes the old one may have lost a little bit of its efficacy so it’s good to be a little extra diligent with testing when starting a new vial.

Djamila likes this.
  3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Okay -- thanks! I'll wait to start it, then, until I can be sure that I can get home to test her . . . maybe wait 'til the weekend.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oh Jenna, I'm so sorry about needing a new vial. I get a little sad every time too.

I've never noticed any difference when starting a new vial, but I do usually reduce by 0.2u for the first cycle just in case.

I also usually try to leave a little in the previous vial just to have a little backup insulin in case I drop a vial and can't get a new one for a few days.

Rachel likes this.