New Diagnosis for Megan

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Megan's Mom, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan's Mom

Megan's Mom New Member

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a week or so. Megan was diagnosed with diabetes 12 days ago during a vet visit for blood in her urine (UTI). She is receiving 1 unit of Lantus, twice a day. Vet recommended Royal Canin ($$$). I've been on catinfo before so I do know that wet is best. I've tried unsuccessfully before to transition Megan. I stocked up on Fancy Feast but Megan is not eating much so I bought a bag of Evo. She doesn't care much for it either. She had a curve 5 days ago and her numbers were between 150 and 250 throughout the day. By the way, she will be 17 in July.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to you and adorable Megan! Some kitties are harder to transition to wet than others. Keep trying, but in the meantime it's important that she eat, so feed her something she'll eat. Are you home testing? It's an important part of Megan's treatment because it's the only way to tell how well the Lantus is working and it will help keep Megan safe from hypos. Since she had a UTI, which can raise her glucose, and you're switching to a low carb food, it's especially important because it's possible for her BG to come down some and you'd need to lower her dose. If you have any questions, come over to the Health Forum and ask. We'll be happy to help!

Megan's Mom likes this.
  3. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi Megan and mom, welcome! She looks too cute! :joyful:

Megan's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.