New diagnosis for my Lucy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jen Emerson, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen Emerson

Jen Emerson New Member

Hi, Jen here. My girl Lucy Belle was just diagnosed yesterday with diabetes. Her blood sugar was 456 and she has lost three pounds since March. I'm grateful to know what's going on, but started to freak about the cost at first. I've found a few options for the insulin (glargine) my vet wants to try that are affordable and thankfully I'll get reimbursed partially thru a policy I have for her. I love my beautiful girl and feel just horrible. I know she doesn't feel good, but I want to help her feel better soon.
    I've got her on her low carb food now and just awaiting the insulin that I ordered.
    I'm had to give fluids in the past to a furbaby so I'm not anxious about that. I'm just anxious for my girl to feel better.
    Any advice or support is welcome.

Attached Files:

TracieLLL likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome Jen and Lucy Belle! She beautiful! We can help you get a handle on feline diabetes, and we have lots of money saving tips. Come to the Main health forum tell us more about Sweet Lucy Belle and ask any questions you have.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Jen and Lucy Belle! What a beautiful girl! I completely understand how you are feeling right now, but you are in the right place to find the information, advice and support to help with Lucy's treatment and to get her feeling better.
    The low carb food is a great step in the right direction, and that should begin to help lower the blood glucose level. The members here can certainly help with cost saving tips and ideas. Have you started home testing yet? That is the best tool you will have to see how the insulin is affecting Lucy and to help keep her safe from a hypo event.
    Please post on the Main Health forum HERE so that more members can see and respond to your questions and concerns. If you like,you can copy and paste your intro post on a new thread there.
    If you haven't already, go back to the Home page and read the "Getting Started" and the "Education" sections. This is really good information for beginners and it helped me a lot.

4. Jen Emerson

Jen Emerson New Member

Thanks! Will do that as soon as I can. I'm at work right now and wanted to take a brief moment to introduce myself and more importantly, my beautiful girl.

5. TracieLLL

TracieLLL Member

Welcome! Goofy & I joined here a couple days ago. Everyone has been so helpful and kind.
    Lucy Belle is a very pretty girl

6. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome to the sugar cat club!

Jen Emerson and TracieLLL like this.
  7. Jen Emerson

Jen Emerson New Member

Thank you! I'm trying to get going on everything. So much to learn for my baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.