New Fancy Feast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by crissyb, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crissyb

crissyb Member

I'm not sure what forum I should post this but since many of us feed our diabetic cats FF low carb I thought this would be a good place to tell everyone my discovery.

My cats loved the new ff for about 2 weeks. Then they started to walk away from every flavor! I was beside myself, then I remembered something. When my cat was sick and was at the vet hospital, they warmed his food to get him to eat. So, I thought it's worth a try (especially since I have about 4 dz cans).

Low & Behold! I opened a can and mushed it in a plastic container. I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds, mixed it up and then put it in their cat dishes. Suddenly, their appetite came back. They are eating again!

I know this may be inconvenient, but it may be worth a try.

If you do try, let me know how it works.

2. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I've done this with my kitties when they turn their noses up. I think heating it makes it stinkier, which whets their appetite a bit more? Just my theory. I don't like to eat cold or room temp. food either blech.

If I'm adding water to the food I use hot water instead of cold or room temp. My cats are weird though, they like to drink hot water. They come drink my bathtub water (presoap only!) I call it "essence of mommy" lol and in the winter if I fill the water bowl up with very warm water they will almost fight over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.