New guy on the block. Need help!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Philly loves his smokey, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philly loves his smokey

Philly loves his smokey New Member

So my little guy has been on massive doses of insulin for about a year now. 12 units twice a day and 5 here and there as needed. I envy all u out there worried about changing ur dosing by 1 or 2 units!!! I fired my last vet because she said I was overdosing him, however I check his BG levels many times a day. She said to give 4 at most 3 times a day. At that dosage he runs mid to high 400's. He already has bad neuropathy in his hind legs so I am not gonna just let him run high because she doesnt know what the hell she is doing. I think he has acro and the new vet today said she highly suspected he does. What now? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

I'd suggest that you get your kitty tested for acro, as if you suspect that and it's confirmed, it would make more sense of ongoing high numbers. There are other conditions that can cause high bg so the more you can understand what might be going on, the best chance you have of embarking on the right dosing regime.

Good luck!

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB. I hope you can find further information and help here for Smokey. He's adorable! Very best wishes going forward. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.