New here

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by cadubois4, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadubois4

cadubois4 New Member

Hi,

So happy to have stumbled upon this board. I'm a mom to four rescued cats, Lucy, Max, Chubs, and Orange - Lucy is 12 and the boys are 11. Max was diagnosed with diabetes about a year and a half ago; he also has feline herpesvirus. Between both, he's extremely immunocompromised. He eats Weruva canned food and is on 1 unit of Lantus twice daily as well as L-lysine and omega-3 supplements with each meal and is thriving.

Lantus recently went up in price and it's close to $200 a 10ml vial now. I can stretch a vial to last about 3 months. Does anyone have suggestions of where to find it cheaper? I also read something about using the SoloStar pens and my vet suggested checking Canadian pharmacies, but I would love it if anyone could provide some direction.

Thanks,
    Catherine and Max

2. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Hi Catherine and Max

I just bought the five-pack of Lantus Solostar pens using the Lantus coupon and paid $200. I expect the next time I purchase this pack it will be $300. I can make each pen last about three months so three months times five pens equals fifteen months. If I look at it that way, $300 a year doesn't seem so bad. There are members who are able to find a Walmart or pharmacy who will sell one pen at a time but you have to call around. Maybe if we know where you are located, a member might be able to give more specific ideas on where best to purchase it.

Welcome to you and your rescues.

Robin

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

We have on ongoing thread about using Canadian pharmacies here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.