Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe & Mei Li

Philippe & Mei Li Member

I hope it is ok to join this forum even though my cat is not diabetic . I actually have two cats one of which is a male . He is 9 years old and overweight @ 19 pounds . I am so scared he is going to develop diabetes . I guess I am just looking for some advice and guidance . Thank you ..

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Great that you are proactive. The very best thing you can do for him and both of your cats is to start feeding wet low carb food. Here is a great website written by a vet: www.catinfo.org

Brashworks and Philippe & Mei Li like this.
  3. Philippe & Mei Li

Philippe & Mei Li Member

Thank you so much for your reply . I also posted a question in the health section .

4. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Hi Philippe (is that you or the cat's name?) - welcome. Great that you are here. I have 3 cats, one is diabetic, and one who is ideal weight, and one who is overweight. I'm lucky that I can test the fat one and I do about once a month while I'm getting his weight under control. Wonderful that you are educating yourself before he has a problem!

Philippe & Mei Li likes this.
  5. Philippe & Mei Li

Philippe & Mei Li Member

Thank you so much . Yes , Philippe is my cat . My other cat is Mei Li ..

6. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

I think it is awesome that you joined this group. I wish all cat owners would. Since diabetes is an epidemic, it only makes sense that non-diabetics would seek out this information. There is so much more information here even for the non-diabetic. Information for things such as constipation, upset stomach, DKA, ketones, urinary infection, food, kidney disease, etc. Just check out all the links. Speaking of kidney diseases, this seems to be another disease that kitties get especially as they get older. So if you would like to continue your reading, here is another great site and will also give you great information (Tanya's CKD): http://felinecrf.org/

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi there and welcome! What a great idea to be proactive. This is a great place to receive and give advice and information. See you around the forum. ;)

8. Philippe & Mei Li

Philippe & Mei Li Member

Thank you so much . I am very glad I joined . I am learning a lot . I love my cats so much , I want to do what is best for them ..

9. Philippe & Mei Li

Philippe & Mei Li Member

Thank you so much for the welcome ..

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Thanks for updating your profile pic and adding Mei Li. What a beautiful combination - I love her colouring. I had a brother sister Siamese who lived to be 19 and 20 - miss them every day - and I'm a sucker for those blue eyes!

11. Philippe & Mei Li

Philippe & Mei Li Member

Oh , thank you so much . I felt bad for not including my sweet girl . I am glad I could change my username to include her . Yes , she is a beauty . Very unique I think to find a Calico with blue eyes ..

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.